Sunday, October 28, 2007

A note on being sick.

OK, I am by no means a wimp ... but several times in the last few weeks I have honestly thought to myself "I want my mommy" :-)

I HATE being sick. This cold is now into it's third week, and other than 1 day off sick, I have been at work all the rest. Stupid of me you are thinking ... you would be right! But since my job doesn't get done by anyone but me, and I am currently doing payroll, people get pissed if they don't get paid. So taking time off, although nice at the time, only punishes me in the end. I am already behind from my vacation in September.

I love my husband, and to his credit, he has been very good to me while I have been sick (BIG THANKS!) but then of course he got sick and it all went down hill from there. At least he got 4 days off from work!

I also am frustrated with the large selection of medications I have taken, with little to no effect. This "Cold FX" that people raved about at work didn't work ... and the price made the pill hard to swallow at $29 a bottle.

Buckley's is my usually standby, pill not liquid (if I wanted to drink Lysol floor cleaner and suck on a pine tree, I would do that instead of drinking that shit ... although it does work!) The pills work too, usually, but this time only seemed to work for a couple days.

Then it was suggested I try Advil Cold & Sinus, again worked for a few doses, then nothing.

Right now, I just want this to go away, so I can get back to a "normal" existence, one without having to have a box of Kleenex within arms reach all the time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The other Matt's been sick more often than not for the last couple weeks. Strangely, as the one that gets paid sick days and every encouragement to prevent spreading infection, I don't seem to get sick.

Now that I've said that I'll be catching Ebola Zaire this week...

When I get a cold I eat spicy food. I find medications usually don't work because of the reverse placebo effect. I skip Buckley's because I don't feel better vomiting instead of coughing.

Hope you're feelin' better.

Cec said...

I'm one of the stupid people who doesn't use all their paid sick days and the worst is we actually get something like 124 days at 75% pay in addition to the 6 at full pay!

Still not 100%, beginning to wonder if it's a sinus infection now. Matt's better though.

How's your Ebola?