Thursday, August 9, 2007

Some things you might not know about me:

  1. I met my husband online
  2. Our first date was at the Ontario Science Centre
  3. I have a 4 inch plate, 4 screws, and 2 pins holding my right ankle together
  4. I have survived a pulmonary embolism
  5. I have had surgery on my birthday
  6. I have had my appendix and gallbladder removed
  7. I have a tattoo of a purple daisy on my right foot
  8. I make a mean lasagna and bruschetta
  9. I can’t understand Shakespeare
  10. I still listen to New Kids on the Block, Milli Vanilli and Debbie Gibson on my iPod
  11. I have seen the following artists in concert: NKOTB (3 times), Emerson drive, Savage Garden, Anne Murray and Gordon Lightfoot
  12. I have never been on a train
  13. I have cruised 3 times: Western Caribbean 1990, Eastern Caribbean 1993, Western Caribbean 2003
  14. I have never been drunk
  15. I drank from the garden hose
  16. I have no cavities
  17. I hate to dance, and have only danced with 5 men and 4 were on my wedding day, the other was on my mom’s wedding day.
  18. I kick my husband’s ass at most games we play, including Star Wars Trivial Pursuit
  19. Favourite flower – Carnation
  20. Favourite ice cream flavour – Baskin Robbins “Love potion 31”
  21. I have traveled to a foreign country to meet a man I met online
  22. I enjoy downhill skiing, but haven’t done it in years
  23. I completed all the red cross swimming badges, up to and including Bronze Cross, only had NLS to complete before becoming a lifeguard
  24. I have won 2 costume contests for the same costume, and the contests took place 10 years apart … it was a Christmas tree costume.
  25. My highest mark in university was in a public speaking course, and I hate speaking in public
  26. I have played the clarinet, glockenspiel, string bass, and violin
  27. I played the string bass at the Kiwanis festival of music with my grade 8 orchestra, and received a special mention from the Adjudicator for my pizzicato
  28. I have called to vote for Canadian Idol
  29. I still have some of my barbies and all of my legos from when I was a kid
  30. I am supposed to take a diabetic medication, but I am not diabetic
  31. I was a bus monitor from grade 5-8
  32. I have hidden dirty plastic containers in the oven when guests have come, and turned the oven on forgetting they were in there
  33. I have been through the Bermuda Triangle 2 times
  34. I went to my senior prom to take attendance and didn’t even enter the ballroom
  35. I have been in a car when it hit a concrete light standard on purpose
  36. I have gone to the airport just to watch planes land and take off
  37. I cry at sappy movies and songs
  38. My favourite computer games are The Sims, Diablo, Zoo Tycoon, and Rollercoaster Tycoon
  39. I have sent a guy I had a crush on balloons for is birthday anonymously and made him think it was a crazy coworker that sent them
  40. I have traveled 2 hours to see a movie because it wasn’t playing at a local theatre
  41. I have had my birthday party in a Caboose at a McDonald’s restaurant
  42. I have spent my entire birthday party crying in my bedroom when there were 13 kids there to celebrate
  43. I have built and painted a Millennium Falcon model
  44. I have an addiction to collecting scrapbook supplies and have never actually created one page
  45. I have to have popsicles in the house at all times
  46. I worry about EVERYTHING!
  47. I have a scar on my right knee from falling off my 10-speed bike
  48. I have leaned out a window of a car and pretended to paddle while passing another car
  49. I have eaten escargots
  50. I have been to a psychic who knew things she couldn't possibly have guessed

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've faked being retarded to keep my seat on the subway...

But you still listen to New Kids on the Block??!?!

Oh my god! I've been seen in public with you!

Seriously, out of all that the most alien to me is still drinking from the hose. Doing that in the city is driving a Kawasaki in Alabama.

Cec said...

I added the hose one just for you, since I know it blows your mind! I still can't believe that is strange to you ... you need to get to the country more!

Anonymous said...

hi little freak
you need to update your cruise and NKOTB stats i am now waiting for the second fifty things love you

Cec said...

Updates:

Now have also cruised to Alaska (see the travel blog) and been to 2 more NKOTB concerts as well as one online streamed concert. I have also been on a train and not just the GO Train!

Perhaps I will have to do the next 50 things as Aunt Deb (big freak) has requested!