Listed in no particular order, my collection contains the following:
- A Smoky Mountain Christmas - a favourite because of the music, even if it is Dolly Parton. What's Christmas without a house full of orphans making handmade gifts for each other while Dolly writes some music.
- The Night They Saved Christmas - this was the one Dad and I would watch every year. Probably because Santa was going to be blown up.
- Babes in Toyland - Keanu Reeves in tights ... need I say more?
- Muppet Family Christmas - the Muppets are joined by the casts of Sesame Street and Fraggle rock for some singing and dancing.
- The Santa Clause Trilogy - I like them all, but the 2nd has to be my favourite, I'm a sucker for a good love story, and yes, I did shed a tear (or two)
- One Magic Christmas - maybe not the best movie ever, but it was filmed partially in my hometown.
- Frosty the Snowman & Frosty's Winter Wonderland - TV classics that have stood the test of time
- Dr Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas 1966 & 2000 - each have their own special place, and I couldn't imagine anyone doing the Grinch justice like Jim Carrey did!
- National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - full of quotes that will live on in our culture forever ... Clark: Hey. If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is. Hallelujah. Holy shit. Where's the Tylenol?
- Christmas Eve On Sesame Street - from a time when Sesame Street was good. Cry in this one too ... when Ernie and Bert both sell their favourite possessions to buy each other a Christmas gift.
- PeeWee's Playhouse Christmas Special - yes I own this, and watch it too!
- Ernest Saves Christmas - it's Ernest, ya gotta love him!
- Santa Claus: The Movie - love the music in this one
- Comfort & Joy - basic story of accident where the main character wakes up to find she has a completely different life than before
- Silver Bells - Tate Donovan ... yummy
- The Christmas Shoes - make sure to have a box of kleenex handy for this one
- Home Alone 1 & 2 - both are great, but the 3rd sucked ass!
- Alvin & The Chipmunks: A Chipmunk Christmas - my mom loves Alvin & The Chipmunks, so this is a must have in our family
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - another classic which can't be missed
- Mickey's Christmas Carol - although I never was a huge fan of the actual Christmas Carol portion, I love the short cartoon at the start: Pluto's Christmas Tree
- 'Twas the Night Before Christmas - TV classic about a mouse that doesn't believe in Santa and breaks the town's clock that is to welcome Santa to town
A couple I hope to add to my collection:
- Deck the Halls - although it seems to be a rip off of National Lampoon's, it was quite funny
- Scrooged - although I don't like Mickey's Christmas Carol, I find Bill Murray hilarious in this version
- The Family Man - masculine version of Comfort & Joy, cute movie


No comments:
Post a Comment