Monday, February 18, 2008

Moving up

Well, we did it. We caved and bought a 40" LCD TV. Shhh ... don't tell my mom ;-) We had been looking at them for quite awhile and Futureshop had a sale a couple of weeks ago and we got a good deal on an open box model, so we decided to use the rest of our christmas money for it. It also came with 8 months rental of an HD cable box and HD programming. I have to say though, that unless the programming is specifically in HD on the HD channels it pretty much still looks kinda crappy. The "real" HD stuff does look amazing though, and I would really like to pick up a blu-ray disk to see how it looks.

Currently I have been watching a lot of 80's movies ... Teen Wolf, Who's that Girl ... none of which are in HD obviously, but just felt like a blast from the past. Watching them on the widescreen is much better than on our old 27"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup. Big TV's are nice. I get the extra luxury of being able to openly remind everyone in my family about it. They hate it when I do that.