Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Snazzy Ride

After a misfortune on my co worker's part, I was forced to rent a car for a business road trip yesterday. Since his leg was in a cast and still in a fair bit of pain, we upgraded so he would have a little more leg room.

We ended up with the Dodge Avenger,



which is significantly larger than what I normally drive, a Toyota Echo.


The end result? It was quite a nice car, which is saying something for me. First, I'm not a fan of domestic cars, second, large car = large gas consumption. The gas consumption wasn't bad at all, in fact, I would say that it was actually quite reasonable, 1 tank $45 @ 1.24/L got us to TICC and back with a little to spare, which I believe is 400+ KM. My Echo on the other hand gets 550KM on a tank.

The ride was beautiful, and loved the power in the acceleration, something my little echo is losing in it's old age. I did however feel completely stupid when I had to ask for instruction on how to move the front seat closer to the pedal ... too many gadgets in the new cars ... simple is good.

We found, at the end of the trip, that there is actually a built in cooler above the glove box which would have been handy, if we'd known it was there.

The worst part? Getting back into my Echo and feeling like I was driving an auto rickshaw or clown car cause it's so tiny :-)

Guess I need to consider something a little bigger for the next purchase.

No comments: