This was a reno vacation again, this time the porch. It was supposed to be a 2 day job, but deciding to insulate and paint added 2 days. This doesn't include the day to empty the porch and the 2 days it has taken me to do the finishing so far, and I still have all the crap to organize and put back in.
The worst part of my vacation, I lost my keys. I was only 3 places the day I lost them, Home depot (which if I don't go 3 times a day during renovations; I think something is wrong), Subway (the only real meal we ate any given day), and home. I have called Subway, which is the last place I remember having them, and they are not there. I can only assume then that I have dropped them somewhere in the house and since it looks like the porch threw up everywhere, I will only find them once I have moved everything again.
The room has turned out well considering once we started we found that the floor had sunk 2" in the centre and on the far corner. I really enjoy working with my mom, although at times I feel bad that she works so hard for us, and frankly, I can be a little lazy. She also gave up her vacation to help.
Thankfully the next real vacation is only 4 weeks away. Wow ... hard to believe that at this time in 4 weeks we will be on the ship preparing to set sail to Alaska. Which reminds me, I seriously need to start getting our stuff organized for that!


2 comments:
Wow. Nice work.
Tigger looks hella pissed in the first picture, though.
Thanks.
Yes, both cats felt very displaced over the last week. I think they are enjoying the new space though.
Post a Comment