Well with the Christmas season firmly behind us, life can return to normal for awhile.
Our season was mostly driving and mainly in bad weather, so it's been nice to be home relaxing for awhile.
I caved in early December and signed up for the Movie Network, justifying it by it's discounted rate of $12.99 a month. I figured that there were lots of movies I had missed and many I have wanted to rent on Movie on Demand, but have avoided due to the rental fee.
I've enjoyed having the channels, which also come with their own on demand serivce, and have watched a movie most days although I do tend to watch the same movies multiple times. Having said that, there are some that have been better than others.
A few that have impressed me:
Reservation Road
Mad Money
The Bucket List
Ratatouille
Enchanted
Vantage Point
When we were home for Christmas, Dad gave me access to a site he gets movies from and I have also been checking some of those out.
Lakeview Terrace - Samuel L Jackson was great in this one!
Hancock - I really enjoyed this even though I am not a fan of Will Smith
Saw 5 - this one was of poor picture quality, but I have to say the 5th installment was much better than the 4th, and I look forward to it being released later this month.
Twilight - this was the shocker. My youngest sister (16 years old) raved about this movie when we were home at Christmas and I spent quite a lot of time figuring out how to burn it to disk for her to enjoy. People at work, and other family members also were excited about this. I didn't get it, I hadn't heard anything about it. I live in a void of information apparently. I popped this one in last night with little anticipation of actually enjoying it. I was WRONG ... let me say that again, I WAS WRONG ... my husband will be shocked I uttered such a sentance!
The movie was awesome (again, not the best picture quality) I was shocked how fast I was pulled into the movie. My only regret is that I didn't read the book first. I often have a hard time getting into novels after seeing the movie.
As a result, I went out and got the first novel today and have spent some time reading it. The author does a fabulous job of pulling you into the story. I haven't been drawn to a book since I read the first Harry Potter. I used to be a reader, but in recent years nothing has inspired me to read like this book has. I am trying to take my time and actually enjoy reading again, hoping that this will keep me interested long enough to finish the series, which to this point is 4 books, although only the first 2 are in paperback.
In addition to all this time spent watching movies and now reading. I have a ton of DVDs from christmas as well as Animal Crossing and Rockband 2 to devote time to. My evenings have been very busy and very enjoyable. I just wish I could stay home for work and still get paid to enjoy all my entertaining passtimes ;-)
the best laid plans
3 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment