So Thursday marks the start of our 20th week and we are half way through the pregnancy already. This is pretty hard to believe actually.
I was feeling much better a couple weeks ago and decided to start lowering the diclectin dose. Since it makes me tired I thought that if I'm not getting sick and I'm not tired I would feel like a new person. Ummm, not so much. All day sickness came back full force and I was forced to accept that taking the meds would have to be done until the end of the pregnancy. So back on them I went.
We had our 20 week ultrasound today. Baby once again was not co-operating. It was supposed to be 1 hour so they could take measurements to confirm consistent growth and in the first 30 mins she managed to get all but 13 pictures ... not bad right? Then I had to get up and walk around, eat and drink in hopes that the baby would get out of it's hammock and let her see the spine ... after 30 mins back on the table I got only to find out baby hadn't moved =( After another hour of poking and prodding she still was still short 3 pictures and thought I was going to have to come back after lunch to try again! She brought Matt and Mom in for show and tell, and finally she managed to get the last few shots. The pics we got are not much better than the IPS ultrasound, but it was awesome to see the baby moving and playing. Matt is a little disappointed that she was unable to tell the gender as the baby kept it's legs crossed the entire time. So I
guess he will have to wait until the 3D ultrasound.



All of our medical claims have been submitted and paid, so our final recap on the cost of this little adventure:
Expenses:
Medications: $4535.38
Procedures: $8,492.90
Parking: $142.50
Total Cost to Date:$13,170.88
Out of Pocket Cost:$8,870.16


2 comments:
OMG!!! That is so awesome. Do you think that the lack of cooperation, doing what he/she wants, could come from one of the 2 of you!! See you soon :)
definitely stubborn like me!
Post a Comment