It's hard to believe Arabella is 8 months old already! It's fair to say time has flown by! She has changed so much!
Right now she has 2 teeth, is crawling like a maniac, pulling herself up and even starting to stand on her own. We are pretty sure she will be taking her first steps in a few weeks.
I won't say it's been an easy road. Even with all the preparation in the world, and all the support of family and friends, being parents definitely has a learning curve! We've had our fair share of ups and downs, perceived emergencies and mishaps, but in the end those don't stand out near as much as all the wonderful times we have had together so far.
Nothing beats a hug and kiss from a baby, no matter how long the day (or night) has been!
So where do we go from here?? I have about 3 more months off work. The plan is for Matt to be off the last month as well, and then back to work for us both and off to daycare for Arabella. I am sure she will love it as she loves being with other children.
Will we do it again?? This I get asked a fair bit and the answer is if the stars align, yes! In fact we have already been back to the clinic to discuss using our frozen embryo. Since I am not getting any younger, we and our doctor think that it's best not to wait too long. Hopefully within the next month or 2 we will transfer the one remaining embryo and see how that goes.
At this point, if that doesn't result in another pregnancy we feel very fortunate to be blessed with our daughter and don't feel the need to go through the IVF process again.
Motherhood is definitely the most difficult responsibility I have ever had, but I couldn't imagine life without her. We look forward to the many new and exciting experiences that she will bring into our lives.
the best laid plans
3 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment