Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Movie Review: The Invasion & The Andromeda Strain

Since I am a little out of touch with movies lately, I have taken to trying to catch at least one a month on Movie on Demand. MOD has to be the greatest invention, no travelling to the rental store, no remembering to return the DVD, and best, the movie I want is there whenever I want it.

Since I've gotten married, watching movies as a couple doesn't happen very often. Partially since we can rarely agree to watch the same movie, and secondly, if I give in and watch a movie he wants to see, I tend to fall asleep within 20 minutes.

So generally I watch them when he isn't home, or is sleeping. Last night it was the latter. I rented The Invasion with Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig. I'm not a fan of Kidman, but I'd watch dreamy Craig any day!

Aside from being a little predictable at times, I would say that it wasn't too bad of a movie. Some action, decent acting, and I am always interested in seeing the human population infected by aliens! Unlike most of the films I have watched recently, it actually moved quite fast and didn't feel like a long movie.

This is the second movie of this genre I have watched this month. A&E had an updated version of the Andromeda Strain on the other week. I have never seen the original, but enjoyed the new one. Having a great cast of actors that I was familiar with helped. This one though, shown in 2 parts totalling 4 hours, seemed too long.

Not sure what the next one will be, although I have been hoping there would be some good documentaries available. The last one I watched, Skid Row, was very interesting, and best of all ... FREE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The original Andromeda Strain is one of my favourites. But for the unprepared it's an amazing cure for insomnia.

Cec said...

I will have to have a look for the original and check it out.