Ok, so I have been MIA for awhile. What have I been doing? Not much actually. Had some vacation time and did some painting around the house. But mainly just sitting my ass on the sofa and watching TV. The movie network and HBO have greatly contributed to my lack of activity.
I did manage to get out to see Harry Potter the Half-Blood Prince several weeks ago. Honestly, it's been awhile since I have read the novel and didn't remember much, other then the ending of course. Reviews were saying it's the best one yet, can't say I agree. It was good, but frankly I am finding lately that I am rarely super excited about a movie.
Some movies I have watched lately:
Revolutionary Road - I was really excited to see this one since Leo and Kate are great together, and it was ok, although the ending sucked.
Doubt - after watching Enchanted again I thought I should check out some of the other movies I had lying around that Amy Adams was in. This one was quite good and Meryl Streep was great in this role.
Sunshine Cleaning - another Amy Adams film. Actually I was quite impressed with this one, and will likely watch it again soon. Even got a little teary at the end, although I wouldn't say it's a chick flick.
Mamma Mia! - Now this one surprised me! I love musicals, but had not seen this one as I am not a huge fan of Meryl Streep. I caught it on TMN one night, late, and was VERY tired at work the next day because I had to stay up and see who her father was. Pierce Brosnan does nothing for me, but when he sang "SOS" I melted =) I told Matt maybe we should be heading to NY when we are on vacation next month to see it on broadway, since we missed it here in TO.
In addition to the movies I have been catching up on some of the series. I love True Blood. Although at the beginning when it was recommended I couldn't get into it. After a second go, I was hooked and this season has been awesome, too bad there are only 3 episodes left. I guess I will have to cave and buy the novels.
Hung and Nurse Jackie have also been entertaining. I have been told Entourage is good, but unfortunately I haven't seen the first few seasons, so it will be next to impossible to get into it at this point.
Not much else has been accomplished around the house, and if mom hadn't visited a few weeks ago, even less would be done. I guess I need to get my ass in gear!
the best laid plans
3 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment