Friday, May 13, 2011

Results are in and ....

WE'RE PREGNANT!!!! Finally after almost 8 years we are closer to our dream than ever before. Of course this is just a small step and it's still early so we will still be on pins and needles for awhile. We have told a few close friends and family, but if you are a friend on facebook, please don't out me yet.

The next hurdle is our viability ultrasound on June 3rd where we will get to see if there is a heartbeat. Once we confirm a heartbeat the risk of miscarriage goes down significantly.

I am battling a HUGE cold and along with the nausea feel like absolute crap. Fortunately, there are meds that I can take that are safe so hopefully I will be feeling better soon.

I have to admit, we did suspect earlier in the week that this was the result as my OHSS was really flaring up again. I took 2 home tests this week and both were positive.


I will continue the progesterone, and start taking daily HCG injections on Monday after I go back to the clinic to get it.

Thank you to everyone that has supported us on this journey .. your work is not over, please pray our bean continues to grow and stay healthy.

3 comments:

Ramage said...

Congratz!
Been following the progress as you've posted it.
Happy to hear about the positive. :)
Fingers are crossed and wood knocked.

Unknown said...

Hooray! Great news! I am so happy for you.

Kathleen said...

Hey,
Always here as your personal cheerleader! Love the baby progress monitor on the side!
;)