Sunday, May 1, 2011

PUPO =)

PUPO = Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise

Yes, that's right I am now carrying 1 extremely special little embryo =)

All 5 were still alive and growing. One was still a morula, so a little behind in development. 3 more were early blastocysts, and the last one was the one that was the best that we transferred. It was graded 5AB0

5 - the size on a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being the best
A - the internal mass development that turns into the baby on a scale of A to C, A being the best
B - the external mass development that turns into the placenta on a scale of A to C, A being the best
0 - cell fragmentation meaning there was no cell fragmentation.

So we are very fortunate that the embryo is of such high quality! We should also have at least one to freeze and the 3 others have a 50% chance of turning into a quality that can be frozen.

The transfer was very smooth and we were able to see where it was deposited. We were also given the petri dish that it was in as a souvenir. I would have preferred a picture, but I guess our clinic doesn't do that.

Now comes the hard part ... waiting!! I have 2 days of resting and then I can return to work. My pregnancy test is scheduled for Friday May 13th.

No comments: