Monday, September 17, 2007

Psychic Medium or crackpot?

I have to admit I am a believer of the afterlife and the ability to communicate with the afterlife. I have had several experiences throughout my life that have confirmed that I have some connection, be it small, with the other side.

After watching a biography on James Van Praagh tonight I began to reflect on my own personal experience with a psychic I saw in the fall of 2005.


I originally went to the psychic fair just out of curiosity since I had never been to one before. I did, in the end have, a reading with a very nice woman who was able to describe many aspects of my life and my marriage with great detail.

I purposefully didn't ask any questions just to see what kind of information she came out with. I have to say that perhaps most of it could be considered general.


She described my grandfather and his personality perfectly as well as a room in our home. And the fact that she claims he visits me and stands next to the tv unit explains why the cats wouldn't enter the room when we first moved in and would cry at the door for the longest time.


In the end the one piece that left me wondering about the authenticity of her abilities was the fact that after I asked about a former partner of my mom's, the psychic made contact with him and as a result she actually came up with my mother's name ... how in the world could she do this?


I have to say, the one question I did ask regarding children proved that she can't be entirely accurate because according to her I should currently be the mother of a 3 month old girl. Oh well, I guess she can't be right about everything, although I would have preferred she got my mom's name wrong and the arrival of children correct.

No comments: