Having been a huge fan of the original Hairspray (1988) I have been a little nervous about watching the new version released this year.
Mom went and saw it, and enjoyed it, but I wondered if I would sit there and stare at John Travolta dressed as woman and forget about the rest of the movie.
I have to say it was good, John Travolta was surprisingly convincing as a woman, and I was happy to see a couple of old faces from the original. But I am not convinced it is better, or even as good as the original.
The fact that they changed this to a musical instead of a movie with music in it didn't impress me. I love musicals, but this was a little much.
In the end, I would likely watch it again, but it won't be added to my collection any time soon, and I will search for a copy of the original to send to my youngest sister, so she can see what the movie should have been!
the best laid plans
3 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment