Monday, December 17, 2007

White Christmas

Well, we braved the storm on Sunday and went see White Christmas.

A little back story ... my Aunt Deb LOVES White Christmas and has tried every year to make the family watch it with her. I caved and watched it last year, only to find out that it is actually quite good (although I am a sucker for love stories). The rest of the family has avoided seeing it, at least until now.

Mom got Aunt Deb, and the rest of us, tickets for the live performance at the Sony Centre as a Christmas gift.

The performance was awesome, probably the best live musical I have been to. Phantom was great, and so was the Lion King, but this blew those out of the water.

The music, dancing and singing were wonderful. But in usual fashion for me, something most people won't pay much attention to really impressed me ... the set decorations. Really, I have never seen anything that would compare. The attention to detail in recreating the time period was very well done. And you truly felt you were there on stage with the actors.


The part I will remember forever will be the fact that they even made it "snow" in the theatre, not only on stage, but also above the seats. Now, my hubby was less impressed of course since it was "only bubbles" but I really thought it was cool.



I only wish this was playing longer and that I would have the opportunity to go again.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Only bubbles." That sounds like Matt. I bet he'd want to see the look on the crowd'a face if they just pointed a ski resort's snow machine a the audience and blasted away.