Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Rest in Peace

Today we remembered the man that changed the face of music.



I remember the day I was given my Thriller cassette. My parents had the vinyl album but I couldn't listen to that in my Walkman. My parents had given me the impression I wouldn't be getting it, and since I was still very young purchasing it on my own wasn't a possibility. They told me they needed something from Canadian Tire and left me and my step-sister in the car while they went in. When they came back they presented me with the cassette! I don't think there was a happier person on the face of the earth at that moment.

I still have that cassette today. It made the "keep" pile when I was purging old cassettes a few years ago. When I pulled it out today I realized that you can't even see the songs listed on it, or tell which side is A or B. It will likely never be played again, but will remain in my collection.

I hope that peace can find him in the afterlife and thank him for his contributions to the industry and to the world.


Michael Jackson

August 29, 1958-June 25, 2009


No comments: