Yes, I have made it through the week. It was my short week, which means I worked 3 days and now actually have a real weekend off!
My "Friday" is not likely that exciting to most, and seems awful boring to me too right now.
I left work early, as I had time owing to me. I have achieved almost nothing in the 3 hours I have been home. I had a nice conversation with a land surveyor, who told me it would be $500-600 for the basic and $1000 to cover a full survey with plan included to work towards solving my little problem. Which is comparable to the other quote I got earlier in the week. Something to discuss with the hubby tonight.
My BIG excitement was the mail.
My hometown newspaper (yes we have one - it's published once a week on Wednesdays http://www.meafordexpress.com/) arrived today. I am told it is mailed all the way to Australia to one reader. I am almost certain that they got their newspaper before me since the one I received today was from August 1st. The news is always the same ... town council is bitching about something and there has been charges laid for drug possession.
I did however read one interesting letter to the editor when a citizen had purchased some soil for their vegetable garden only to later have the OPP show up at their door to search for a grow op that had been called in. I guess buying dirt = grow op now ... something to remember in the future.
Back to the mail ... our local free paper also arrives on Friday, and it contains the flyers for the week ... now this can consume some time. Of course there is the Michael's flyer, which I already have my coupons cut out of for my "fix" this week. But the grocery flyers and Walmart are like textbooks waiting for me to study them. I'm pretty sure there is nothing I need, but with all the back to school sales, I may find a few good deals.
Just thinking about this reminds me of how mundane my existence has become on the average day. Getting excited about flyers pretty much means I need to get a life ... and fast! I think I will make an attempt to try working on my cross stitch tonight (I was a gift to my mom last year for her birthday in August and it's still not finished), and I have Blood Diamond to watch, so maybe I can commit to seeing that.
Hopefully tomorrow will bring some excitement.
the best laid plans
3 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment