Friday, August 3, 2007

Is there any respect left in this world?

We live on a quite, dead-end street. Up until recently things have been pretty quiet. The boys across the street play their music a little too loud occasionally, but hey, they play decent stuff, how can ya complain? Our one neighbur has a couple of screaming kids, well kids do that right? I can deal with these things, most days.

We have new neighbours, well, they moved in last fall. They got off to a bad start when they decided to jack-hammer in their basement at 10pm. Now I know this isn't late, and it wasn't necessarily the time that pissed me off, but the fact that our basements are 3 feet apart, and my entire house was vibrating. I overlooked it, annoyed, but thought that since they were new, and doing work on the place, I'd let it pass.

Forward to the spring ... I find dog crap in my flower beds ... fertilizer you are thinking ... no, lazy neighbour. They own a large dog, not sure what it is ... cross between german shepard and roti maybe. They don't walk it. They stroll in the back yard, and apparently my flower bed to allow it to relieve itself. Once again, I overlooked it ... maybe it wasn't their dog I thought.

A month or so later I find a little "present" next to my front porch. I pick it up and deposit it on their front stoop. Later that day, when the guy is going in, I catch him and explain that I have found several "gifts" from A dog, and although I am not sure it is his dog, that I have seen his dog in my yard. He openly admits it was, and that it wouldn't happen again. Progress ... and until yesterday I thought the problem was solved.

Once again, a gift next to the front porch ... that was it ... I tried to do things the nice way and look where that got me! I promptly retrieved a measuring tape, wooden stakes and a rope and plot me out a property line. I'm sure Matt was thrilled! He did help though (thanks). So now I have a beautiful line drawn between the houses.

What is with people these days? I don't blame the dog, I blame the owners. I don't pay my property taxes so your dog can crap in my yard. If you can't walk your dog, and have to resort to tying it to a 3' leash attached to your front stoop, that's not my problem.

I'm seriously contemplating taking a shit in their pool the next time it happens ... perhaps they may be a little more careful where they walk their dog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You only let Tigger out under supervision, right? Find something mean, not cruel, to put in your yard that'll convince Fido to stay away. My father uses Curry powder or spicier if the squirrels get cocky.

Failing that, a BB gun and a day of patience.

Finally, there's Defcon 1: Burn the fucker's house down. Blame Matthew.

...and delete the bLog before you do it....