Saturday, August 4, 2007

Today's comic relief ...

I would say that almost every day I find something in my day that adds a little comic relief. Today is no exception. It may not be side splitting funny, but it brought a smile to my face.

After looking at the clock and realizing my husband is almost 2 hours late leaving work, and I still hadn't heard from him, I thought I would do some laundry. I went to the bathroom to collect the huge mound of clothes and thought to take a look out the window. What do I see ... no, not a dog taking another crap, but the neighbours are draining their pool.

It's one of those blue things that ya pick up cheap at Wal-mart or crappy tire. It fills their back yard. Why they needed something so big I will never know. The first day he brought it home he tried to set it up, by the end of the day the ladder was built and the pool was filling.

The next morning the pool was empty, apparently he hadn't leveled the ground before setting it up and the side tipped and drained it. He tried again, this time attempting to level the ground. This resulted in him filling the pool in the afternoon, and returning to find it empty again (and when I say filling, it maybe got to 1 foot deep).

He must have tried 5 times over the next several days, before finally getting it leveled and filled entirely. I would say they have used it a handful of times in the last week, since it's been filled.

This is what amused me. He spent a week getting this damn thing up and running, only to drain it after 1 week of use!

Why bother spending time and money to use it for a week.

The only thing that could have made this funnier was if he had to drain it because I threw dog crap in it. Maybe they don't know it's draining ... perhaps a neighbour kid pulled the plug ... damn kids, should keep them on leashes ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your neighbour is starting to sound like a real star.

I plum don't like those above-ground pools. Sure they don't permanently affect your home's property value but they're not deep enough to drown in, cannonball into, and the sides buckle if you try to do real lengths.

And if you don't level the ground below it...

Cec said...

We're thinking that they emptied it because they were reported to the city for having it without a fence, which is against the by-laws. We're also thinking that they think we called and reported it ... since they have now put a padlock on the gate between our houses, basically locking us out of the part of our property between the two houses. This just gets better each day. I'm thinking that he will see "the real cec" in due time, and it will be a little messy!

Anonymous said...

Cut the lock. Then the next.

If they grow the balls to come out and talk to you explain that you didn't call. I'm sure the conversation will get them nice and trapped in a killing field for your wrath.

And if it's gonna be messy, post video on YouTube.