Friday, April 1, 2011

Another step completed

It was actually nice to complete a step that had nothing to do with me. All the pressure was on my hubby yesterday. We now have a sample of his "soldiers" on ice as an insurance policy for our procedure. Since this whole process puts so much pressure on both our minds and bodies, neither of us wanted to get to the "big" day and run into any road blocks. For the small sum of $226 we now have a backup plan and the pressure is off.

It's kinda weird to think of having that on ice. Even stranger to think that in a few short weeks we could have embryos there too! We hope that we have enough eggs retrieved and developed that we can transfer 2 on a fresh cycle and have some left to freeze for future cycles (if this one fails to implant, or if we want more children later).

So the next step? Next week I have my baseline ultrasound where they will see if my ovaries are suppressed enough and to see how many follicles I have that can potentially develop into eggs. After that is our education session where we learn the clinic morning process (which frankly is old hat from the IUI days) and what drugs I will be taking and how to mix and inject them. Presumably they will give me my prescription which I am already starting to panic about as I need to have the pharmacy order it, and it can take a few days to get. I have to have these drugs before the stimulation start period which should be the second week of April, not much time!

The birth control phase is almost over only about another week left. I will be glad to be done with it as I have felt nauseous most days and had several headaches, which likely will only get worse with the next set of meds, but it will be worth it in the end!

I managed to find some parking receipts from last fall and all the appointments and testing, so I will add those to the cost recap.

Recap:
M1D14
Current Status: birth control suppression

Expenses:
Medications: $27.03
Procedures: $226.00
Parking: $41.25

Total Cost to Date:$294.28
Out of Pocket Cost:$267.25

No comments: