After that we had our education session with the clinic's nurse. Here we got a basic idea of the "average" schedule, information about the procedures themselves and the medications I will be using.
I don't actually have the meds yet, as some I will be getting from my local pharmacy to avoid having to pay upfront for them, but there are some that they are unable to provide, so I will have to pick those up from the clinic on the first day of monitoring.
I am doing what is called an Antagonist Protocol, which basically means they give me drugs to produce and mature multiple eggs, and at some point introduce another drug (the antagonist) to ensure that I don't ovulate the eggs before they are all mature and ready to be harvested.
The meds I will be taking are:
Stimulation: Puregon, Menopur
Antagonist: Orgalutron
Trigger: HCG
2 types of antibiotics to avoid infection from the retrieval
progesterone
I have the antibiotics, and will hopefully have most of the injectible meds on Monday. Once I have all the meds I will take some pics as right now they are not too impressive.
The plan is the start monitoring and the injections on day 2 of my next cycle, which should be within the next week. I will be doing 2 injections per day initially, and then 3 per day once the antagonist is introduced.
Here's all the paraphernalia from today, most of it being needles and syringes and information on how to administer the injections. A couple of the meds are actually powders that I will have to mix with liquid before injecting which should be interesting.
Menopur injection kit:
Puregon injection kit:
HCG syringe (the longer one is only for mixing, the shorter needle for injecting - although hard to tell the difference in the pic)
Recap:
M1D22
Current Status: birth control suppression
Expenses:
Medications: $58.51
Procedures: $226.00
Parking: $56.25
Total Cost to Date:$340.76
Out of Pocket Cost:$282.25


No comments:
Post a Comment