So today was my first ultrasound since starting the stimulation drugs. I had hoped for 10-15 (secretly even 20) follicles. The tech didn't tell me anything other than they need more time. When the nurse called I asked her, and I have 8 measurable follicles ... EIGHT .... I had 5-6 on clomid alone when I did cycles before. I have been sticking myself with needless, battling constant nausea and driving everyday like a mad woman for EIGHT follicles???
I know they strive for quality over quantity, and the nurse said more could pop out in the next couple days. To add insult to injury, one of them is considered a lead follicle and is already 18mm ... big enough to ovulate, so this one will not be the right size when it's retrieve as it will be over mature. The notes I saw on the ultrasound machine showed one at 10mm and one at 13mm, and with an average growth rate of 2mm per day, hopefully I only have 3-4 more days before my trigger shot.
I'm trying to remain positive as I know my doctor is awesome at what he does, and doesn't want me to have too many eggs and risk overstimulation (OHSS) but more would have given us a better chance at having some to freeze.
I picked up more meds on Tuesday to get me through the weekend but they have dropped my dose of puregon to 100IU so I likely didn't need them, but better to have them just in case.
So the driving continues and daily ultrasounds and blood work until I am given the instruction to trigger.
Recap:
M2D7
Current Status: on stimulation drugs
Today's dose: 100IU Puregon + 75IU Menopur + 1 vial cetrotide
Expenses:
Medications: $3,770.48
Procedures: $7,492.90
Parking: $75.00
Total Cost to Date:$11,338.38
Out of Pocket Cost:$8,297.90
the best laid plans
3 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment